- Hike to Havasu Falls located in the Grand Canyon. The Arizona destination features vivid blue-green color and forms natural travertine dams that occur around the falls.
- Google mud runs in your area and give one of them a shot. It’s a fun activity to do with friends, and it’s also a great way to exercise as your concentration is typically focused more on the challenges than on your physical preparedness.
- Take a train ride from Anchorage to Fairbanks in Alaska. This is truly a unique adventure with breathtaking sites.
- Visit New England in the Fall. This portion of the East Coast is absolutely gorgeous as leaves begin to change color.
- Take a tour of Cave of the Winds in Colorado. This hidden gem is full of stalagmite and stalactite formations. It’s worth a half-day of your life and there aren’t too many places like it on earth. Visit www.caveofthewinds.com for more information.
- Rent an RV and visit a few national parks. The United States has so many beautiful things to experience, and this is a great way to learn about history and culture.
- Learn to SCUBA dive. This opens up an entirely different view of the world, especially in tropical waters where colorful undersea life flourish.
- Take a Jeep tour in Ouray, Colorado or in Moab, Utah. This is a great way to see the backcountry and sites that are not otherwise easily accessible. For more information visit www.sanjuanjeeptours.com
- Learn to fly an airplane. Most airports offer schools to teach people to fly single-engine fixed-wing aircraft. Most have an introductory flight where students get to take the controls for less than $200. Even if you don’t pursue your pilot’s license, you need to get the controls in your hand at least once in your life.
- Try parasailing. Most lakes or resorts offer this unique activity and it’s usually less than $100 for a sizeable adrenalin rush.
- Take a ride on jet boats through narrow canyons on New Zealand’s south island. This is absolutely intense and the driver’s are incredibly skilled. For more information visit www.shotoverjet.com
- Check out Ray’s MTB indoor bike park in Cleveland Ohio. This is a great way to have fun and stay in shape during the winter months, and it has several courses for different skill levels. For more information visit www.RaysMTB.com.
- Check out the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. The area is beautiful and full of fun activities for the entire family.
- Visit the Barber Motorsports Museum. It’s located in Alabama and is outright amazing. Learn more at www.barbermuseum.org
- Take a ride on the Durango & Silverton narrow gauge train in Colorado. The Rocky Mountains are stunning and this is a fun way to spend a day and is relatively inexpensive. For more information visit http://www.durangosilvertonrailroad.com