Traveling is one of the greatest freedoms that we are able to enjoy. The world is an absolutely fascinating place, but what many don't realize is that many of these places are in their own backyards. The United States has some incredible resorts that you must visit, in no particular order, here are our top 10 favorites:
- Grand Wailea – Located on the Hawaiian island of Maui, this location is right on the beach and features one of the top-rated swimming pools in the world. The massive pool system has everything from slides, to a swim up bar, to the world’s first water elevator. Although it rains often, temperatures are usually very comfortable and between 75-90 degrees most of the year. There’s also a really cool restaurant called Monkey Pod that is less than a mile away.
- Stein Erikson Lodge (Park City, Utah) – This amazing lodge is great year round and is perfect in any of the four seasons. From amazing skiing, to scenic mountain bike and hiking trails, this resort is incredible. We suggest that you rent a four-wheel drive vehicle if you are flying into this mountain resort, as there are also a lot of trails to explore that are only available by four-wheel-drive vehicles.
- Vail Mountain Resort (Vail, Colorado) – We love nature and absolutely believe that Colorado is one of the most beautiful places in our country. If you are a skier, this is a destination to add to your bucket list.
- The Enchantment Resort (Sedona, Arizona) - This resort is nestled in a setting that is relatively unique in the United States. It’s surrounded by incredible red rock mountain formations, and the climate supports a wide variety of outdoor sports. From hiking to golf, and bicycling to horseback riding, this place has most everything for those with an appetite for adventure.
- St. Regis Princeville Resort (Kauai, Hawaii) – Home to amazing golf, this resort is located on the beach near the sleepy town of Hanalei. You can experience everything here from extreme peace and tranquility to all sorts of extreme sports. The crew at Fixate absolutely loves this island and our second choice on Kauai is the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas. You won’t be disappointed with either choice.
- Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge (Telluride, Colorado) – This is an adventurer’s paradise and the mountain settings are amazing. Our favorite time in Telluride is in winter, but there is always something fun to do in the surrounding area.
- Little Nell (Aspen, Colorado) – This area is famous for its Aspen trees and we love mountain biking in the area after the famous snow has melted. You can’t go wrong in Aspen and Little Nell is our recommendation for a place to stay.
- The Lodge on Little St. Simons Island (St. Simons Island, Georgia) – From kayaking to nature photography and from golf to strolls on the beach, St. Simons Island in Georgia is extremely tranquil.
- The Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek (Saratoga, Wyoming) – This is a 30,000 acre working cattle ranch and the views are spectacular. Although many people don’t commonly think of Wyoming as a vacation spot, this location is gorgeous and will leave you with a memorable experience.
- Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa (Rancho Santa Fe, California) – If you are looking for a place to simply relax, this resort is located about 15 miles from the Pacific Ocean and is ideal for couples. You are also just a short drive from San Diego which is one of our favorite cities in America.
Now that you have a list of beautiful places to explore, why not explore our website further and find the perfect rings to take with you on your trip!